Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions are as set out in the ‘Conditions of Hire’ on the current ABC Boat Hire website with the following additions and amendments:
- Collection and return times will be advised when booking.
- Return time during the winter months is the time stated or sunset, whichever is earlier.
- Late return of the boat will be charged at £25 per hour of part thereof.
- The Hirer must be 18 years old or over.
- During the first 40 minutes of the hire period the Hirer will receive instruction on boat operations and canal safety.
- The security deposit (of £100 per boat) will be repaid upon return of the boat to the marina on time; in good condition; without losses, damages or breakages and in the absence of any third party claims.
- The company insures the boat, its equipment and inventory against public liability risks. The Company’s insurance does not cover personal accidents or loss or damage to personal effects so hirers and crew are advised to take out their own personal insurance cover.
- Accidental Damage Waiver does not apply to Day Boat Hire and the Hirer will be liable for the £500 insurance excess in the event of it not being recoverable.
- No refund will be given in the case of cancellation of any booking within 28 days of the hire period. However, the booking may be rescheduled at the Company’s discretion, subject to availability.
- Should the hire be cancelled by the Company for any reason, the Company will refund any payments made, but shall not otherwise be liable and the contract be discharged.